We are today in the midst of an unprecedented situation where the spread of corona virus disease(Covid-19) needs responsible individual, social and institutional behaviour. BICS Global is aware of its commitment to the safety and health of its employees and society.
We are taking precautionary steps and our office is fumigated and sanitised regularly.
What are the Symptoms of Corona virus?
1. The most common symptoms are fever, cough, shortness of breath, and breathing difficulties.
2. In more severe cases infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, and even death.
3. The period within which the symptoms would appear is 2-14 days
What can I do to protect myself and others?
1. Wash your hands frequently
with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub.
Washing your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water kills the virus if it is on your hands.
2. Maintain social distancing
Maintain at least a 2 meter distance between yourself and other people, particularly those who are coughing, sneezing and have a fever.
When someone who is infected with a respiratory disease, like 2019-nCoV, coughs or sneezes they project small droplets containing the virus. If you are too close, you can breathe in the virus.
3. Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
Hands touch many surfaces which can be contaminated with the virus. If you touch your eyes, nose or mouth with your contaminated hands, you can transfer the virus from the surface to yourself.
4. Cover your mouth and nose with Mask
Coughs and sneezes spread diseases
BICS GLOBAL precautions
1. Availability of Hand Sanitizers (minimum 70% Alcohol based)
– Advised to use sanitizer for cleaning hands while entering into office
– Forced to clean hands every 2 hours
– All associates need to clean hands while leaving office
2. Mask – a regular surgical mask will not help you steer clear of the virus
3. Awareness session on Do’s and Don’ts to safeguard our self for preventing the COVID-19 spread.
WHAT MUST BE DONE TO PROTECT ONE’S SELF (THINGS TO DO)
– Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or, use an alcohol-based hand rub. This will remove the virus if it is on your hands.
– Cover your mouth and nose with tissue or a handkerchief when coughing and sneezing. Throw away the used tissue immediately and wash your hands with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand rub. The handkerchief must be washed by yourself daily and ironed with a hot iron. In this way, you protect others from any virus released through coughs and sneezes.
– Maintain reasonable distance between yourself and someone who is coughing, sneezing (at least 2 meter apart).
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Hands touch many surfaces which can be contaminated with the virus and you can transfer the virus from the surface to yourself.
– If you have fever, cough and difficulty in breathing, seek medical care immediately. If possible, call a health worker and alert them about your condition. Always follow the guidance of your health care worker.
– People with flu-like symptoms should use face masks to cover the nose and mouth and stay home in a well-ventilated room.
– If you are caring for individuals who have symptoms, such as cough and fever you are encouraged to use a face mask to cover your nose and mouth for personal protection.
– Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as doorknobs/handles, car doors, elevator buttons etc. daily with regular household disinfectant or soap and water.
– All travelers coming from countries affected by the Coronavirus disease should follow guidance given by health workers at the airport and other border entry points.
WHAT MUST NOT BE DONE
– AVOID HAND-SHAKING AND HUGGING AT ALL TIMES.
– Avoid close contact with people who are visibly sick with flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, sneeze).
– When sick with flu-like symptoms avoid going to public places, offices and public gatherings. Remain at home to avoid infecting others.
– You do not need to wear medical masks if you do not have respiratory symptoms such as cough, sneezing or running nose.
– Don’t take self-medication such as antibiotics.
– Do NOT spit in public. Find a secluded place like toilets or pit latrines in which to spit.
– Delay travel to countries that currently have many patients with Coronavirus disease. If you MUST travel, please follow the above protective measures.
– Avoid travel if you have flu-like symptoms
4. Work from option is provided for all associates and communication is made via Skype, Microsoft teams and mail.
5. We ensure that the business is not affected, and all associates utilize WFH.